Camp Acorn offers a multitude of volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. Founded by volunteers, our program was designed to offer a unique learning experience that is both challenging and fun. We collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizations for volunteering including middle, high-school, and college students, corporate volunteer programs, youth groups, religious organizations, and local service clubs.
All our programs take place at: 165 West Crescent Avenue, Allendale NJ 07401. Trip days meet at the site of the field trip (please refer to calendar below). We are currently seeking one-on-one counselors to work with campers at all of our programs.
Our Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 programs include:
- Rockin’ Afternoons: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4pm-6pm
- Super Saturdays: Saturdays from 1pm-4pm
- Funky Friday Nights: Monthly Friday night dances from 7pm-10pm (usually the first Friday of each month)
Volunteering at Camp Acorn – Fact Sheet:
- It’s Flexible – Volunteers make their own schedules and are generally not required to make preset commitments for volunteering, meet minimum hours, etc.
- Communication – Volunteers are encouraged to send their email address to be included on mailing lists and visit our social media sites and website for updates or changes to the schedule.
- Training and Support – Volunteers do not need previous experience. Our staff is there to help bring out the best in you and our campers. They will train you on the job. Never hesitate to ask questions if you are unsure of something or need assistance. There’s a lot to learn and we are here to help!
- Service Hours – Volunteers receive credit for the hours they spend with their camper (program start time to program end time). Volunteers may come individually or in groups.
- Tracking Hours – We want to ensure that all volunteers receive credit for their service. Please be sure to both sign in the attendance book at the front desk whenever you volunteer, and initial your name on the group list when you are assigned a camper. If you require a service letter contact us to request one and will be glad to accommodate you.
Please see the calendar below for the most current volunteer opportunities and field trip dates.
In addition to one-on-one counselor positions, we also have other volunteer opportunities available and have worked with groups like the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and corporations on a variety of projects. Please contact us for more info.