Part time or Full-time Internship (15-30 hours per week)
Start Date: Mid/Late May End Date: August 24th
Film and edit Camp Acorn’s summer musical involving a total cast of over 90 campers. Work with the music director and other staff to film scenes and edit them into a final project around 30 mins in length. Come up with creative solutions to enhance the project and better engage campers in the creative process.
The musical will be filmed and edited over a 8 week period starting the week of June 26th. Final edit must be completed by Friday August 17th so film can be screened the following week.
Intern will also work on some smaller photo/video projects for social media pages and marketing purposes.
A stipend will be provided for this position.
- Work alongside music director and other staff to help with rehearsals and come up with storyboard/plan for filming
- Film segments each week and edit into movie to be screened at the end of the summer (3rd week of August 20th-24th)
- Applicant may also have opportunities to shoot and edit promotional video content for website and social media pages
- Knowledge of and some experience with basic video production and video editing techniques for web and DVD formats*
- Knowledge of and experience with video production hardware and software: iMovie, Adobe, Final Cut or a comparable video editing software, digital cameras, lighting, and other filmmaking equipment**
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Interest in learning about/working with the special needs population
*Must be able to show samples of previous work
How to Apply:
Potential applicants are asked to a submit a resume and cover letter that explains why they would be a good fit for the position.
It is also highly recommended to submit a link to some samples of your work. Samples do not have to be large projects or finished films and can include photography or design work in addition to video examples.
Please send your submission to Thaddeus at email@example.com and title your message “Video Intern Application” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in working at Camp Acorn!