Office & Communications Intern
Part Time/Full-time Internship Spring/Summer (depending on school commitments 8-10 hours per week starting then 30 hours per week May thru August)
Start Date: Immediately End Date: August 24th
Want to learn how to run a business? Work on your communication skills and professional experience? As an office and communications intern at Camp Acorn you’ll assist in daily operations as well as larger projects for fundraising and marketing.
We are looking for a reliable, committed, passionate individual who is eager for experience in a not-for-profit office setting. Internships can be done for school credit.
- Answer phones and emails
- Manage, sort, file paperwork
- Data entry
- Prepare mailings, presentation materials, and marketing materials
- Depending on the candidates interests, additional duties may cover one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing/Social Media
- Volunteer Coordinator/Relations
- Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- A quick learner with a positive attitude and pro-active approach
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Must be comfortable using email, Internet search tools, and social media
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Gmail and G Suite Applications
- WordPress a plus, graphic design programs a plus
How to Apply:
Potential applicants are asked to a submit a resume and cover letter that explains why they would be a good fit for the position.
Please also submit at least one writing sample.
Please send your submission to Thaddeus at firstname.lastname@example.org and title your message “Office Intern Application” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in working at Camp Acorn!